Monday, January 7, 2019

Turning Snow Into Frosting


Trudging through the snow.

Turning Snow Into Frosting

“This is trudging!” I said as I began to walk slowly with heavy steps, while quickly becoming exhausted because of the harsh conditions.

It was cold!  The snow was deep!  And, that caused the walk through my field to be truly laborious, making the quarter mile walk feel almost overwhelming at times.

“I hate having to trudge through this field of snow twice each day!”  Reoccurred through my thoughts on a continual basis.  Then, over time, I began to notice little things that revealed big rewards!

The ache in the muscles of my legs disappeared and new, healthy muscle definition began to show.  Then, the pain I felt in my left hip, when I slept, left my body.  These benefits to my trudging also combined with other, smaller things to give me a different outlook.  Now, I find myself still trudging at times, but not through snow.  Now, I trudge through frosting!

Yes!  difficult and exhausting conditions, while hard to deal with at first, magically provide you and me with directly relatable benefits which are all too often overlooked because of the sole focus on our labor.  And, perhaps we can all live happier, healthier lives by simply adjusting such confined focus.  It’s as easy as turning snow into frosting.

Challenges strengthen our bodies, character and spirits.  They cause us to grow in neglected, previously unknown areas in life.  When you’re feeling overwhelmed and exhausted because of the harsh conditions you face, make sure to stop and examine the ways you’ve benefited as a result.  Then, keep recounting those benefits as a source of strength.

Personal strength gained through trudging can also allow you and me to become empathetic and nurturing.  Have you ever noticed a draw toward other people who have shared experience?  Many things in life can never be explained, or totally prepared for, without experience.  No one gets experience or additional strength without trudging!  And, certainly, no one is prepared to nurture others without having trudged the course.  Sharing the course is what offers us a path into what it means to be called the human family.

Being part of the human family goes far beyond a sharing of flesh and blood.  It speaks directly to sharing experience and labor, serving one to another.  It is trudging along through life together, sharing the pain, education and triumph that makes us one with each other.

“This is trudging!” We’ll as we begin to slowly understand how the exhausting, harsh conditions of life can allow you and me to no longer live lonely, difficult lives. Yes, life can be cold!  Yes, life can challenge us with deep snow!  And, that can cause our shared walk through life to become truly laborious, making even one hour, or day feel almost overwhelming at times.

“I’m becoming stronger in body, character and spirit as a result of sharing pain, education and triumph with those around me!” Is the reoccurring thought repeating through our minds, on a continual basis, as we come to appreciate the true nature of trudging.  It is this one key thought that opens the door for all to begin to notice more and more little things turning into big rewards as a result!

The ache in our hearts will be tempered and often replaced with new, healthy mental and spiritual muscle. Then, the pain we’ve felt before will give way to allow us to become a more empathetic and nurturing people.  Recognizing the benefits of trudging through life will also combine with other, smaller things to give you and me a different outlook.  One that I’m sure will help us, as we find ourselves still trudging at times, but not through snow.  We’ll be trudging through frosting!

No comments: