Monday, March 19, 2012

Tomorrow's Offer


“No matter how bad things get there is always another day.”
Cody Thompson

Tomorrow’s Offer
Every one of us will make a bad choice at least once in our life.  Every one of us will have times when things haven’t gone as we had hoped.  This is especially the case when we are young and trying to find our path in the world.  In those times it’s great to have friends and family to lean on to help us through.
I listened to Cody Thompson give a tribute to his Father, at a business meeting, when he said, “When I was growing up I offered many challenging times to my Father.  And because of that he taught me that, ‘no matter how bad things get, there is always another day.’” 

How fortunate is the person who learns this valuable lesson early on in life!  For such a person has learned that they don’t need to live in the past.  They can look forward with faith toward a brighter future.

So, what can you do to take leverage this advantage in your own life?

First, live in your present truth.  That is to say, “yes. I made a mistake and this is where I am today as a result of that mistake.”  Doing so allows you to fully learn everything you need to from your mistakes. Hiding mistakes retards your growth and impedes your future.

Second, accept that who you are today is enough for today.  There is no reason to spend your whole life saying, “I wish I hadn’t!”  Everything in your past has brought you to your current condition and has provided you with a unique and important education.  Make sure you use that schooling to your advantage as well as for the enlightenment of others.  It will help you build a better life in the future.

Third, spend time every day thinking about and preparing the path for your future. I like to call this my “glad I did time.”  It’s a time that gets me ready to make great decisions about what I’m going to do with my tomorrow.  And, if you’ll try it, it will allow you to live your life on purpose.

Living you life on purpose, accepting tomorrow’s offer, will give you different kinds of freedom.  You won’t worry about what other people think about the way you live because you’ll have the self-confidence of knowing you’re on your own chosen path.  It has the ability to change the way you spend your money, where you live, and what you do with your time.  Perhaps most importantly, I have discovered, that accepting tomorrow’s offer is the best way to change who you are in the inside.

No comments: