Monday, August 24, 2015

Daniel's Four P's


“Most people just keep doing what they don’t like to do to support themselves financially without taking the time to understand the four key elements of happiness and success.” - Daniel Pandza

Daniel’s Four P’s

My friend Daniel took the time to eat breakfast with me a couple of Saturdays ago.  He is the personification of tall, dark and handsome.  He’s also a teacher at heart and has spent the past few years developing his theory of the “Four P’s.” He was kind enough to spend a time teaching me about them so I could pass his realizations on to you.

“Most people just keep doing what they don’t like to do to support themselves financially without taking the time to understand the four key elements of happiness and success.”  Daniel said to me.  His search for purpose led him to completely dissect differing business and innovation models so he could understand them down to their foundational terms.  But, what impresses me most is the way he simplified his conclusions down to a personal level so he could incorporate them into his own life.

Think of the Four Ps (Passion, Possibilities, Purpose and Prosperity) as foursquare game.  A person living in the lowest, furthest to the left square is living day to day just working to make money for survival.  Such a person may be unhappy or a little happy, but they know there is more, they’re searching for a better more joyous life.  Daniel says of such a situation, “ When a person is living this way they are not easily able to discover their passion.  They can’t see possibilities to pursue their true purpose and as a result, they will never reach prosperity.”

As Daniel talked, I was visualizing myself sitting in a large grass play yard.  The grass was dark green, perfectly cut and my position in the first square was outlined with chalk marks, just like those on a baseball or football field.  If I stood upright in this first square I could see that I could move about, but external forces could also easily buffet me.

Daniel got me to understood that getting one knee in my passion square, one knee in my purpose square, one hand in my possibilities square and one hand in my prosperity square would give me critical strength and stability.  It would allow me to remain on track and move forward with clarity and balance.

“When I was able to feel this stability I soon found that I could shed my life of things I didn’t want.  Such distractions weren’t helping me to get what I wanted.  And, I began to make enough money that I was financially comfortable.  I was able to pass on things I didn’t really want; at one time I thought they were good, but deep inside knew they were never a perfect fit for me.  Now I am fully focused on my passion and purpose.”

Being anxiously engaged in personal passion and purpose naturally reveals new possibilities.  These new possibilities open the gate onto the path of prosperity.  In the end Daniel asked me an important question that I’m asking you now.  “If you were to cut back your work time, so you could use your heart and mind to focus on your passion and purpose, who could you become?”

No comments: