Monday, September 2, 2013

Identity Theft Protection


“Don’t let this steal the progress you’ve already made away from you!”
-Glenn Earl

Identity Theft Protection

There was a crackle of paper as I sat on the edge of an exam table.  The paper was smooth and clean to my touch.  It’s a sensation I only get when I visit my friend Glenn Earl’s office.  I see him on a regular basis because he uses traditional Chinese herbs and vitamins to help keep me in a healthy state due to the long hours I work.  It was my regular visit, but this time he taught me a different kind of lesson.
Dr. Earl walked into the room and greeted me warmly.  We’ve been working together for years now, so we’ve developed a great friendship beyond that of medical care.  It makes me feel comfortable to know that he cares about my well being in more than just one way.  This day would demonstrate his care in a different dimension.

As soon as Dr. Earl and I settled in to talk to each other, I told him of a new health challenge that was causing me some discouragement.  He looked at me with caring eyes and said, “I can see why that has you discouraged, but don’t let this steal the progress you’ve already made away from you!” He said.
Then he reminded me of how much progress we’ve made while working together.  He described how much my strength and organs have improved and how I was still progressing.  By the time I left his office I was feeling successful and grateful for how much my health has improved over the past year and a half!  My attitude had completely changed.

Life regularly throws changes toward us all.  So, I know there are times in your life when things aren’t going exactly as you thought they would.  When that happens, if you’re like me, you tend to begin to feel unsuccessful.  Dr. Earl has taught me that living life focused on things that go wrong can steal all you’ve accomplished as well as the good from your life, if you allow it.  He also demonstrated that simply taking a moment to flood your mind with recollections of your progress, growth and great relationships can instantly change your prospective and your mood. 
Next time you’re feeling a little low because of some challenge, stop.  Take a moment to think of how far you’ve come, what you’ve built and how many people you love and enjoy.  Allow the warm feeling of memory to wash through your whole being.  When you do, the thief will be gone and you’ll be left with a lasting knowledge that nothing can steal your essence or accomplishments.  It’s the best identify theft protection available and it costs you nothing!

No comments: