Sunday, July 22, 2012

Look, Connect, Live

“I can’t imagine what would have happened had we not met.”

Lisa Yeagle

Look, Connect, Live

I had five acres of Utah real estate listed for sale once almost ten years ago and received a sign call from a couple I had never met before.  Who would have known that a phone call from people I had never met would turn into an important relationship on many levels.  We have worked together now for many years and it is a wonderful, mutually beneficial relationship. 
When talking with Lisa earlier this week I thanked her for the help some of her employees had given me at my home that very day. “I don’t know what I would have done without knowing you,” I said.

“Who would have guessed this when we did our first transaction together?” She replied.  “I wouldn’t trust anyone else to do my real estate business with!  I can’t imagine what would have happened had we not met.” 
This caused me to reflect on the magic of meeting new, unknown people.

We all have people who are close to us; family, friends, work associates.  Can you imagine being born and having a relationship with only the people you meet during the first two years of your life?  How about the first ten years of your life, or even 20 years?  At the very least you could say that you would be living in a diminishing universe.  It would be a scary world to live in wouldn’t it?  Still, many of us are reluctant to meet new people and to build new relationships.
Relationships in life are critical to personal abundance.  They add youth, experience, talent, knowledge and wonder in a way that living a solitary existence never could.  If you doubt this just take a look at the “things” in your life.  Could you build the computer you use?  Could you write and perform all the music you listen to?  Could you have invented all the materials used to construct your comfortable home?  Can you grow and package all of the wonderful foods that give you life and enjoyment?  All of these things constitute personal and societal wealth.

If you owned the entire world and there was no other human being on the planet, would you be wealthy or poor?  If everyone else on the plant instantly disappeared and your life was extended many years, would your life become richer with each passing day; or would be it be disintegrating toward death?
Surrounding yourself with others and adding new relationships to your world is the path to life, joy, happiness and wealth.  Look forward to meeting new and interesting people every day.   Look for wonderful people to make a connection with.  Open your life to accept them.  Incorporate their goodness, talent and wisdom into your life.  Doing so will make your life rich beyond compare.

No comments: