Monday, January 9, 2012

Will you be my Hero?


“I wake up every morning and say, this is going to be a good day!”
- Brad Dahl

Will you be a Hero?
I have found a lot of people to admire through the years of my life.  Most have been introduced to me through books, radio, film or sports.  But more and more I am discovering them through personal interaction with those whom I live and work with.  Such was my discovery again today.

I stood speaking with my friend Brad Dahl today and during our conversation he said, “I wake up every morning and say, this is going to be a good day!” 

It seemed to me that the words spilling from his lips were the wisest expression for each of us.  So many times before, I have listened to such words without recognizing their impact on me and the world.  But this day, Brad reminded me that I am in charge of my life; and you are in charge of yours.  He reminded me that the best way to have an impact on the world is to become my best and offer my best self to my neighbors, town, state, nation and the world; asking nothing in return.

My true heroes, like Brad, go about their lives working to become better on the inside.   They ask for nothing else.  They offer encouragement through example with every step they take.  It makes me want to be more like them and to focus on becoming better inside myself.

Nothing will have a better impact on your life and the life of others than for you to become the best you can be.  I am looking for another hero to show me the way.  Will you be that person?

No comments: