Sunday, December 19, 2010

Making Assumptions

"To 'change his future' is the inalienable right of freedom loving individuals."

- Neville Goddard

Making Assumptions

I woke up early last Wednesday and looked out the window. There was the snow Allison predicted would come. Shaking my head, I turned and walked away just in time to hear one of my dogs provide me with a whimpering request to go outside into the confetti falling from the sky. When I opened the door for her, the cold made me shiver a bit. But, I knew the shiver was caused by more than just the cold. I had a lot of business to complete this day and I knew that the icy roads would not greet me as a friend.

Still, the shivering seemed to awaken my senses and I remembered one of my favorite Neville Goddard quotes, "What you see when you look at something depends not so much on what is there as on the assumption you make when you look." I looked out the window again and saw something different. The snow was still there, but my relationship with the snow was changed.

Most people believe that what they see in the "reality of the external world" because they don't know how to focus and condense the powers of their mind to see something different. Strangely enough my experience with the snow showed me once again that it isn't difficult for anyone to change their view and awaken to a whole new sense of adventure as well as a new future that is easily available to them.

I've found the following steps to be very helpful in changing my future and creating a life full of self fulfilled freedom; they take very little effort and an application of imagination. If you'll simply try them, you'll find that your old world will vanish as you simply turn your attention away from it.

First, you have only to concentrate on what you want within yourself. See it! Give it reality in your mind. Make it an objective fact and then focus your attention on it until your desire appears to have achieved the distinctiveness and feeling of reality. When you've done that, then the form of your thought will have all the sensory vividness and form of reality. It will become a visible fact in your life.

Second, if you assume you are what you want to be, your desire is instantly fulfilled and, in fulfillment, you won't be longing any more. Believing and being are one. Your dream and the new you have become one and the same. In other words, what you have dreamed yourself to be can never be so far off as even to be near. That's because nearness implies a separation! Your dream isn't something you work for. It's something you already possess. It's assuming the feeling that you are already what you dream.

Finally, give thanks for the gift you've received. Since you haven't worked for what you've become, it's a true gift! And, if you choose, every day can be a gift whether the view out of your window is clear and warm or cold and snowy.

As Allison and I drove along, I smiled to myself knowing that although the day had started with my false belief that the roads would not greet me as a friend, the day I created gave me roads that led to fortune and renewed friendships. I had assumed a day filled with joy and success, lived as if it had already happened, and ended my day with deep gratitude for a wonderful day. May I assume you'll do the same from now on?

No comments: