Monday, November 9, 2009

You are the Predictor

"How can anyone not be happy when the weather is this nice and it's so beautiful outside?"

  • Judith Rasoletti

You are the Predictor

I was on the phone with one of the salesmen that reported to me, believing it was just another routine accountability session, when he said something that changed my entire life! I started the call as I normally did saying, "How's your day?"

"I've decided to have a bad month," he replied.

Even though this conversation happened thirty years ago those words have been imprinted in my mind forever! I also remember the thought I had immediately after he said them, "How can anyone plan to have a bad month!?" In retrospect I could have asked myself a better question, "Why would someone plan to have a bad month?" I'm sure there were reasons hidden deep inside this young salesman's mind and it's too late for me to try to discover what they are now. But, it's not too late for me to tell you what I learned from his statement!

As I watched his sales results over the month it became clear to me that had predicted his results. It was also clear to me that he had created his bad month within his own mind well in advance of its occurrence. I knew then that if he could choose to create a bad month in advance he could also choose to create a great month in advance. I've been grateful to him ever since! He helped teach me about the power of the subconscious mind. And, it's a lesson I continue to learn.

I had a dissimilar telephone call from my friend Judith Rasoletti this very week, but the lesson was the same. Judith is creating a new business and when she called me to check in I asked, "How are things going?"

I asked that question because I knew she was having some struggles. Her reply told me all I needed to know about the potential success of her new venture, "How can anyone not be happy when the weather is this nice and it's so beautiful outside? My business is growing and I am projecting its success into the future."

Judith has faith in her future because she's creating the outcome deep inside her subconscious mind. Her own mind is the predictor of her fate. And, now you know that your mind is the predictor of your own fate. Make sure your own prediction is one of happiness and abundance!

No comments: