Monday, November 16, 2009

The Power of Definite Purpose

"I know what my gift is I just don't understand it or what to do with it!"

The Power of Definite Purpose

Every person on earth has unique, personalized gifts and talents. I know this to be true because I've observed thousands of people and have yet to find one that doesn't have talents I don't have. Perhaps you've noticed the same thing as you've observed the people around you. And, you may have also noticed some who are brimming with knowledge and talent yet seem to be wandering through life weighed down with a lack of success or fulfillment.

"I know what my gift is I just don't understand it or what to do with it!" a friend of mine said to me this week. I could hear the words. Yet they were hard for me to comprehend since the exterior of the person saying them was the perfect vision of someone who had it all together; she was well dressed, respected in her profession and smart. So, I had to look deeper into the windows of her soul to discover the meaning of her words.

As I was looking, a flash of light streaked through my mind, "She doesn't know who she is!" was branded upon my consciousness. I marveled at the revelation.

"What do I need to do to understand how to use my gift?"

As the words floated into my ears I knew immediately that I didn't have the answer. But, I knew where she could find the answer she was seeking.

"You already know." I replied.

"There's only one person who can tell you the answer to your question." I responded. Then I looked back at her in a way that left no room for mistake. "Your answer is inside your heart. You must take a deep look within and decide how you what use what you already have. It's something only you can do. No other person can give it to you."

Some people say, "Knowledge is power." But, acquiring knowledge isn't enough. You must organize it and put into use for a definite purpose, through practical plans. Knowledge of your personal gifts and talents has no value except that which can be gained from its application toward some worthy end. So, what worthy end would you like to reach with your talents and gifts?


 

No comments: