Monday, January 3, 2022

The Water in Which you Swim


“The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible.” Arthur C. Clarke


The Water in Which you Swim


“I saw a scene of myself as a teenager, ill at home on the exact day I was to compete in the state championship.”  Nyle said as he talked about his journey into time-fluidity, the water in which he had been swimming.

Nyle Rdleif was speaking of his almost lifelong process of looking inside deeply enough to find his personal gifts.  A process he describes as, “remembering what I wanted to do with my life.”

“By the time I was sixty years old I was living with the constant feeling that I ought to be in a much better position.  For some reason I couldn’t accept the gifts I had received in my life.  I lived in a comfortable home.  I never went without enough food to eat.  I drove a dependable car.  I was living in a state that Marilynne Robinson describes as ‘joyless urgency.’”  Nyle continued.

So, he decided to search in a different place, a different way.  In different waters. He needed to free himself from both his current calendar and business, both of which had made him comfortable both physically and economically.  

“I had learned to only experience time as a measuring stick, a ruler, and it had destroyed my joy!”  He said.

This vision of seeing and using time differently allowed him to discover something unthought of, by him, up to then.  He knew that he could stop allowing time to rule his every moment.  He would begin to use it fluidly, see life in a broader scope; view his lifetime in totality.  And, this transformed use of time allowed him to discover something he describes as “magical.”

“Once I cleared my mind, I immediately began to experience the power of broad-view-memory.  It was like standing on top of a high mountain, being able to see a clear view in every direction at once!  Most importantly, time-fluidity allowed me to begin to see my natural gifts, what had given me true joy and how to savor the moment.”

Here are Nyle’s suggestions to living fluidly.

Note your patterns of dealing with personal fear.  “I found that there were several occasions where I had sabotaged my own success because I wanted to avoid having to perform under pressure.  I was so afraid of it that I’d make myself ill from worry.”  Once he saw that he was the one controlling his own outcomes he knew he could create the outcomes he really wanted.  He calls this “creating the gateway of conveying his gifts to the world.”

Embrace your unique gifts.  “I’m not good at everything!”  Nyle says.  “It took a fluidity tour to see what I naturally gravitated to.  I found that I was a talented teacher.  But, I didn’t want to be school teacher, so I never moved in that direction.  Now, I can use my teaching skills consciously in creative ways.  It is allowing me to change the way I position myself through my established business.”

Look for magical events to unfold.  “Now that I’m following my heart and consciously sharing my unique talents, gifts, new kinds of opportunities are coming in an almost magical fashion!  I think it’s because I’m establishing new living patterns based on my strengths.”

Nye’s ability to rely on his distinctive strengths means he is able to overcome his fears more and more.

“I saw a scene of myself as a teenager, ill at home on the exact day I was to compete in the state championship.”  Nyle said as he taught about his journey into time-fluidity. Now he’s consciously creating the outcomes he really wants.

He’s teaching us that “The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible” just as futurist Arthur C. Clarke said.

No comments: