Monday, September 28, 2020

Unexpected Places

Allow your answers to come from surprising sources.


Unexpected Places


“During my teen years, I struggled with abandonment issues and feelings of rejection. After several years of searching for love in all the wrong places, I remember crying myself to sleep one Saturday night when I was in my early 20s. When I woke up on Sunday morning, I still felt an overwhelming sense of emptiness and loneliness.” Tonya said.


The next morning, for some unknown reason, she got up and dressed so she could go for a walk.  While walking, she was about to pass a small building just a few blocks from her home when she felt an unmistakable “tugging” on her heart.


“I didn’t understand why I felt I had to stop there.” She said, as Tonya Moore was teaching me about the principle of ‘Unexpected Places and Sources.’”  


Her advice?  “If it feels like something is tugging at your heart, DO NOT WAIT.”


Even though this life changing experience happened to Tonya many years ago she says, “It still gives me chills to this day. The people I met in that unexpected place have become one of the most powerful sources of warmth and love in my life! They were a group of complete strangers that eventually became like my family. I had never known such great love!”


Here are the other key points Tonya taught me about this important, potentially life-changing principle.


First, let unexpected discovery become your passion. “If you’ll simply change your point of view slightly and begin to anticipate the wonder of surprise all of the time, you’ll soon begin to experience your life as one miracle after another.”


Second, become the “unexpected” for others.  Tonya gifts her own passion by being an influencer to help others identify their purpose and become the best version of themselves. It’s not as if she views herself as a “life coach,” she just gets joy from sharing her knowledge, skills, and talents with others so they can succeed more quickly.


Third, believe in the power of expansion.  “I purposefully put myself in a position to help other people I’ve never met and who may never have the capacity to return the favor.  Participating in selfless acts of love has changed me and filled my life with love. It’s replaced the feelings of overwhelming emptiness and loneliness I felt on that one, fateful Saturday night.” She explained.


Finally, allow yourself to use your hands and feet to move you in unexpected ways.  Life makes sure that every single one of us will have at least one dark Saturday night like Tonya experienced.  The question is whether you and I will embrace the unexpected when it surprises us, let unexpected discovery become our passion, become the unexpected for others and believe in the power of expanding love.  If we will, then you and I will begin to experience our lives as one miracle after another!

No comments: