Monday, March 23, 2020

Be Someone's Miracle

“Many miracles are delivered in the form of help from people we know and often from people we don’t know.”

Be Someone’s Miracle

“I don’t know what to do!”  The voice said directly in my ear.

I could feel my heart beating harder than normal as I listened.  In fact, it was about to burst right out of my chest.  I also thought of the message I received from my friend Bart McKnight earlier in the day.

REMEMBER LAST WEEK?

WE THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A BAD WEEK BECAUSE OF THE TIME CHANGE, FULL MOON AND FRIDAY THE 14TH.

WE DIDN’T HAVE A CLUE!

I laughed, nervously, right out loud when I read the message from Bart.  After all, Bart was kind enough to check on me just a few minutes after the earthquake had struck.

His original message reminded me how important the method of delivery is.

“Are you still dancing?” Bart asked.

I could read between the lines.  What he really wanted to know was if I was all right, as well as if I needed any help from him.  It was a well delivered reminder that he is ready, willing and able to help me with anything he’s able to provide.  He isn’t the only one to respond to current events with kind outreach.

That same day I was out on my morning walk when my friend, Donnetta Anderson, drove up and stopped to say more than, hi.

“We’re here to help if you need anything!”  She said with a big smile on her face.

My interaction with both of these friends on a scary day, for me and everyone else, served as a vivid reminder.  True friendship is a miracle that should never be forgotten.  Luckily, Bart and Donetta bolstered my confidence and courage as needed at the time.  

And, my friend Stephen Tibbitts, Founder and CEO of ZIVA Aero recently gave me this advice.  “Rather than focusing on how bad things are, focus on how to use the time to change the world, one at a time.”

One person’s voice, currently in my ear, hastened my attention back to the need of the moment.  So, I followed the example of Bart, Donetta and Stephen to encourage confidence and bravery for a friend.

“You’re not alone.  I’m here for you!”  I responded with assurance.

That’s all she needed to hear.  Her tears stopped, her breathing became calm and she whispered a quiet thank you.

Many miracles are delivered in the form of help from people we know and often from people we don’t know.  Will you use your time and resources to change the world, one person at a time?

No comments: