Monday, November 11, 2019

Life Unmoving?


“If one can learn from criticism and use it as a path toward success, life’s schooling becomes more pleasant.”

Life Unmoving?

I was tossing and turning seemingly, all night.  Forever!  After forever, the morning’s glowing-light acted as a cue for me to climb out of my bed, even though the increasing light felt like sandpaper raking my eyes.  When I should have been sleeping, I’d been reflecting on a criticism from the evening before.  And, in the dawn, I felt compelled to craft a message, right now!  So, my fingers felt their way across the glass-like keyboard, after walking toward my bedroom chair, crawling at first. Moments after beginning, my digits picked up speed, trying their best to travel at the speed of thought.

“One if the greatest challenges I have in my business is to change, personally.”  I wrote.  “My business coach tells me that if I blame ‘the market’ for a slowness of business, I should look around and see if there are others who are doing well. Are they writing contracts?  If they are, then it’s up to me to adjust myself so I can get the desired results.”

Of course, business wasn’t the real question at hand.  But, I was seeking common ground, a passageway to reach deeper into the personal realm.  I needed to channel my inner teacher.  I was trying to be like my friend Steve Maranville, who says, “I’m a teacher in search of a class room.”

Today, I had unwittingly received a classroom.  So, I felt an obligation, a personal responsibility to teach.  And, when I masquerade as a teacher, I take the charge seriously.  So, I continued tapping on the glass.

Now I was at the hard part, offering personal advice!  I wanted to be sure to get this right!

“So, perhaps you could shift your thinking from a perception of being ‘yelled at,’ to one of accepting the feedback, so you can correct your path and move quickly toward success.  After all, we all learn as we go.”

I struggled here, as I am still a work in process when it comes to maintaining an enabling attitude.  Here goes!

“Attitude is the great differentiator. If one can learn from criticism and use it as a path toward success, life’s schooling becomes more pleasant. This is a life-time skill that will pay huge dividends and will separate you from others, from those simply staying stagnant, because they aren’t listening to what others are offering them for personal growth. In this regard, I constantly have to ask myself, is this my ego talking?  Or, do I want to keep getting better and better?”
I’d been tossing and turning seemingly, all night.  Forever!  After forever, the morning’s glowing-light acted as a cue for me to climb out of my bed, even though the increasing light felt like sandpaper raking my eyes.  Now, I was no longer sleeping, I’d been reflecting on a conversation and battle within myself from the evening before to now.  And, in the dawn, I had crafted a message.  The one I needed to hear right now! 

My fingers had found their way across one of my glass-like keyboards, after walking toward my bedroom chair, crawling at first. Yet, moments after beginning, my digits picked up speed, trying their best to travel at the speed of thought.

Now I was finished internalizing what my teachers had offered me.  For the moment!

Life unmoving?  Never!  I want to keep getting better and better!  It’s the same choice for every one of us.

Hope this helps!

No comments: