Monday, August 15, 2016

The Language of Life

A company called Limnu

The Language of Life

I was listening and evaluating.  Listening because I wanted to hear specific things.  I was evaluating because there are different kinds of action, action and “right action.”

There are those who say that the important thing in ones business and life is to take action.  I can certainly see why they would say that, because doing something, taking action, is key in every aspect of business and life.  It’s the first step of progression.  And, it’s all too often the first and the last step people take toward their desired evolution.

We, my Cooperative Venturing Team and I, were working with Grue DeBry, one of the founders of an early stage company called Limnu for the very purpose of assisting him to move past simply taking action to concentrate their efforts on taking “Right Action.” 

Grue, and his co-founder, are two of the most creative and talented people I’ve ever met.  For example, they were part of the development team that brought us the wildly successful and popular Shrek movies!  And, their creation of the new company Limnu has shown me that their abilities are continuing to increase. 

Expansion always means stretching.  Always!  At this very moment I could see something about that elasticity in Grue’s eyes.  I decided to ask him about it.

“You know my father and my family.  They’re all business guys.  When I try to talk with them about what we’re doing they look at me and roll their eyes!  They see me as a creative type that just doesn’t get it.”  He said.

“O.K.” I said.  “You do get it!  You just haven’t been explaining it to them in their own language.  So, tell me what you do and how you do it in detail so we can discover how to tell them your story in a way they’ll understand it.  It’s the same story you need to tell the investors you’re seeking.  Show them you’re not just taking action.  Show them you’re taking the right action!”  I responded.

“This is a story?”  He asked.  “Oh!  I know how to tell a story!”

That’s how I got to, listening and evaluating, with Grue telling me his story.  He would talk.  I would listen and respond.  I was searching to identify his unique “revenue acceleration model.”  And while I was doing so, I also discovered a personal message for you and me about the necessity of taking right action in our lives.

Life is designed to stretch us!  It’s teaching us the necessity of taking right action.  We just haven’t heard its message in our own language! Our world is telling us something with each and every failure and action we take.  If we’ll wake up, listen and evaluate every failure and action, we’ll recognize they also contain a message.  It’s feedback giving each one of us precise instructions on how to improve, how to wake up from our cluelessness. It’s trying to show us our own personal acceleration model. 

Understanding this allows us to change our personal story from one of never ending disappointment, being thwarted by one obstacle after another, to one achievement and anticipation.  It opens the way for us to see that our way forward is a process of overturning obstacles so we can become more magnificent with each step taken. 


Our story can be one of turning a negative, our failures, into a positive. We can turn what others view as a disappointment into opportunity by simply understanding and speaking the language of life.  Are we listening?

No comments: