Monday, March 21, 2016

Something Wonderful

“I’m past the fear now because I know that something wonderful is about to happen!”
– Kyle

Something Wonderful


I admire my friend Kyle.  Ever since I’ve known him he’s been steady and calm under every circumstance.  It’s an attribute I think almost everyone would like to have.  So, when he came into in to have a short conversation with me a couple of days ago I seized the opportunity to learn his secret.

“Most people don’t really grasp how much the world has changed since horrific economic challenges turned everything upside down beginning in 2007.”  Kyle said to me.

As he spoke I began to think about what he was saying in terms of my own experience.  I could see that he was right and said, “Yes.  It has had an affect on the world in a generational way.”

“That’s right.” He replied.  “Once I recognized the extent of the economic ripples, it allowed me to see that I needed to change the way I was living my life.  I could see that I was being frozen by fear!  My business was really struggling.  I was living a fearful existence.”

“I remember 2008 vividly!”  I said.  “It caused me to make huge changes in how I was living my life.”

“Right!”  He replied.  “Shifting economic conditions have had the same effect on every person.  The interesting thing is that many people haven’t taken the time to think about how they’ve changed and how the world is still in an evolutionary phase.  Once I went through that step myself everything changed for me!”

“How did that process change you?” I asked.

“It allowed me to move out of fear and into a new phase of living.  I’m past the fear now because I know that something wonderful is about to happen!  For example, we can see how the industrial revolution changed human life forever.  It’s easy for us to see it now because it’s in the past.  It can be tracked.  But, if a person has the ability to identify a change, as it’s occurring, then they can see the end result and anticipate it.  So, this has become a time of great excitement for me!”

“O.K., I get it now, but there is still huge ‘birthing’ pain ahead of us” I said.

“Yes.  But, when a person understands the movement toward a new destination, they can prepare for it sufficiently.  I think of it as driving a car.  When I understand and know attributes of the road toward a destination I’m prepared to stop at signs, traffic signals or fueling stations.  I can get fuel and food before a long distance or inhospitable space ahead.  I can make sure my vehicle is in top operating condition before I’m in a crisis.  But, if I don’t see the long stretch of desert ahead, ignore the signs and don’t purchase gas and food when it’s available, in preparation, it leads to certain disaster!”  He explained.

“A great analogy!” I responded.

I could see the parallels now because Kyle had kindly taught me and by the time we separated my admiration had grown.  He had shown me the secret to his peace and prosperity.  Now you know that something wonderful is coming too!

Take time to think about the way the world is changing and how you can change with it for the better.  We can all live in joy and anticipation if we’ll simply note the signs, make appropriate personal changes and focus on preparing for the road ahead.


No comments: