Monday, July 29, 2013

Achievement in Word and Deed


“I’ll be able to if I . . . when I solve the issues I’m solving.”

-Brad Bertoch

Achievement in Word and Deed

There were dishes clinking around us as we sat at lunch in a venerable restaurant talking about the meeting we had just left.  It was a great conference and we were enjoying reliving the moment together.  Our lunch also gave us the time to do a little planning for the future so we began to talk of new opportunities that could be opened as a result.
“I’ll be able to if I . . . when I solve this issues I’m solving” said my friend Brad.

As he spoke, I was looking directly at his face and into his eyes.  The hitch in his sentence was noticeable in my ears, but I also watched his eyes as they took a glance up and to his right as the realization of what he was saying caught in his throat, connected to his mind and was reflected in his eyes.
In a split-second he corrected his hindering speech and moved forward in an affirmative and bright-future creating change.  It was clear to me that one of the reasons Brad is known as a visionary and as having business brilliance is because he understands the direct connection between his words, his actions and his future.  He’s always careful not to allow his own words to betray him.

As I watched my friend go through this self correcting process, I thought, “There is not one of us who likes to be betrayed, yet so many of us do it to ourselves often through our own words.”  Unless we watch our words and use them to our benefit then we become our own obstructer! 
We deceive ourselves into thinking we’re working toward accomplishment while our subconscious mind is working against our overt efforts.  Such action reminds me of the old saying, “Our words will condemn us.” 

I know you and I don’t want to deprecate our successful futures before they’re even a possibility, so I thought Brad’s example would act as a reminder.  As you make plans to have more love, wealth, and health in your life, plan to describe that future in carefully supportive words that will shepherd that goodness toward you.  You can have achievement in and through word and deed.

No comments: