Sunday, September 30, 2012

What's on Your Drawing Board?


“Oh, it will happen!”

- Danny Marz

What’s on Your Drawing Board?

I was standing in a large room, filled with people.  I didn’t know most of them.  There were only a handful of these successful people I knew.  But, that’s why I was there!  I wanted to rub shoulders with as many of them as I could.  I wanted to listen to the way they thought; learn about their experiences and absorb knowledge about the way they do things.  So, I didn’t stand longer than it took me to get my bearings and begin to move toward a corner of the room where three of my friends were waiting for me.
As I walked toward their table my eyes were scanning the room for one particular person.  He was this year’s non-profit company entrepreneur of the year.  Ernst and Young had given him the award in the early months of this year and I had promised to introduce another friend of mine to him.  I saw him and made a mental note of where he was standing so I could return.  And, it wasn’t long before I reached my three other friends and greeted them.

I was excited to grab Danny’s hand and shake it when I got to his table.  It was then I said, “Walk with me so I can introduce you.”
He knew exactly who I was speaking of and his excitement grew as we approached the location of my mentally marked friend.  Our timing was perfect.  He was alone and I made the introduction.

Danny said, “May I call you?  I have a dream I want to reach and I’d like to pick your brain to see if you could help me avoid some pit-falls.”
He replied with, “Sure, I’d love to help you.  Lynn can give you my phone number.  I really hope you can make what you described happen.”

“Oh, it will happen!  It’s on my drawing board and once things are there they happen for sure!”
I stood in wonder at his words.  It was as if I heard them over and over again in my mind and I thought, “Danny has discovered an important principle!  It isn’t enough just to dream of a great future, one must conceive it, plan it out in great detail and then go out and take the steps necessary to complete the dream!”  I felt honored to be there and participate in completing one more step in the creation of his dream.

The human mind lives to make its dreams a reality.  Yours is no different!  You have everything you need to make your dreams a reality so put them on your drawing board and live your dreams.  In the end I hope you can say in amazement, “What do you do when you real life exceeds your wildest dreams!”

 

 

No comments: