Monday, December 26, 2011

Be a Seeker of Life


Lengthening Daylight

Be a Seeker of Life
I always look forward to the twenty-first of December.  It’s the shortest day of the year; if you’re like me, winter darkness begins to feel all encompassing by then and I start to lose hope.  But now that we’re a few days past this annual milestone I am filled with hope once more!

Lengthening days remind me that spring is on its way.  Expanding sunlight also reminds me that increase is always the result of active living; whatever lives must live more and more or it will die!  The cycle of the seasons is such a great reminder of this natural principle!  I hope you’ll make a commitment with me to apply this principle more fully this coming year.

Here is my principle statement for 2012:  My thoughts are determined by my faith, and the results of my life depend upon making personal application of my faith.

In other words, I will remember that I can have all the faith in the world, I can have only good thoughts, but if I don’t go out into the world and take action to make my thoughts and faith a reality then I am not truly living.  A person must express and externalize thought in their outward life by acting the same way that they think or they are not living by natural principle.

I’m looking out at my garden spot right now and I know that the seeds I’ve purchased and set aside will not grow in that garden if I don’t go out at the appropriate time and put them in the soil.  When I put them in the soil they become active, and at once begin to gather to themselves from the surrounding substance and build plants that will cause such increase that one seed head will produce perhaps hundreds of seeds, each having as much life as the first.  Life, by living, increases!

Increase your life by planning for abundance now and then acting on your plan every day.  Act on your fundamental impulse of life to live; go out and chase your dreams in the real world so you can see the results of the life your living.  Continuously advance into more life and keep progressing toward your vision of perfect life.  Be a seeker of life!

No comments: