Monday, February 22, 2010

Seeking Individual Passion

"What are some good paying jobs"

  • Kilee Johnson

Seeking Individual Passion

There was a faint beeping in my pocket so I reached my hand down toward my pants. The tips of my fingers felt the thick edge of my pocket and then wedged their way deep into the soft cloth in search of my phone. Within seconds I held the phone in my grasp and touched a button so I could see what the alert was.

It was a text message. I touched another button so it would soon be revealed. The communication flashed on my screen and my eyes scanned every detail. At least they read the details of the letters contained in the message.

The message caught me by surprise and I stood bewildered as I read it. "What are some good paying jobs?"

The words were simple enough, but its deeper meaning was the confusing part for me, so I was taken aback. I haven't thought about having a "job" for a long time. Its meaning seemed to elude me. It isn't that I don't know what a job is; it's that the concept of having a job hasn't crossed my mind in quite some time.

As I pondered the message more, I didn't know how to respond right away. I thought the question was foreign; one that wasn't quite right on point. You know how it is, you look at something and know that it's not quite right, but you can't put your finger on why?

On the surface this question seems like a good one, but I knew that when considered, another question, the real question was still to be bared. It was, "What passion will cause me to create the life I dream of; to become the most I can be?"

I know that when this question is answered for an individual it makes all the difference. It's the difference between a life of misery and a life that exceeds all expectation. And, it's all about asking the right questions for all of us!

In this moment of inspiration I didn't text back. I knew this was an important conversation. There were important exchanges that needed to take place; an exchange of ideas, concept, direction and discovery! I know from personal experience that such an exchange with another person will remove hurdles that are almost impossible to remove alone, so there was only one thing I could do.

I touched the pad on my phone and began a conversation. It's a conversation that will be ongoing for quite some time; it's a search for passion, place and meaning. If you'd like to join the conversation about your lifestyle and place in the world just contact me and I'll be there for you too!

No comments: