Monday, February 15, 2010

Having Something Extra Inside

"I just kind of have a feeling about this place."

  • Leidy Cazedessus

Having Something Extra Inside

Kevin and I were in a car driving slowly through a winding canyon. It was dark outside and there weren't many other cars around. Kevin was at the wheel.

Not far in the distance was a sharp turn. Since we were heading up the canyon, the road was going to take a sharp jag to the right and there was nothing short of a sheer cliff to welcome us if we didn't take the turn with exactness. As if on cue, "my little voice" gave me a warning.

"Kevin, slow down now!" I said. "There's a car around that corner coming into our lane."

Kevin didn't question what I said. He touched the brake firmly so he could be prepared for whatever may be ahead. And, there it was in less than a second. A car came speedily around the corner half way in our lane! We had avoided instant disaster!

From then on, whenever Kevin and I got in a car to drive anywhere he would look over at me as say, "Do you have any of your feelings?"

That was a long time ago. I was seventeen then. Now I'm a lot older than seventeen and Kevin and I are still friends, but at a distance. You know how it is. Life! We live in different cities, work like crazy and have families to raise. But that doesn't mean I don't think about our life together so many years ago. And this weekend I thought about him when a Client of mine was speaking with me in the yard of an historic Holladay home.

"I just kind of have a feeling about this place!" Leidy said.

Her husband swung his head over toward her, eyes open wide; I would say with disbelief!

She saw his look and then said to me, "I'll talk with him. Last time I felt like this we bought a house in Louisiana and we made ten times on our investment. And, I don't know, I just have a feeling about this place!"

There I stood. I felt a little dazed. Maybe I thought I was the only one who sometimes just had a little feeling. But, now I have a feeling that lots of us may benefit from this kind of experience and I'm wondering if you do. If you do have that little something inside, an inner voice, my experience is that it's a good thing to listen to. And, if you have it, make sure you don't keep it inside. Share it with your friends and family. Who knows, it may save you or provide you with good fortune today.

No comments: