Monday, January 30, 2017

Tiny Tinkering

“What you’ve been doing doesn’t work anymore.” – Brian Gottfredson

Tiny Tinkering
Eye opening!  I was doing what I’ve always done; yet, I suddenly wasn’t getting the same positive result!  Results don’t lie! I could see I had wrong results so change was needed. 

Have you ever gotten undesirable results without understanding why? Getting the wrong result without being able to see the cause can make a person crazy, frustrated and just plain confused.  

That’s what I was experiencing.  So, I sat face to face with my friend Brian hoping to be able to see through his eyes.  It was important since I tend to be blind, when it comes to personal challenges, from time to time.  I was hoping that a view through Brian’s eyes would provide me with the remedy I was seeking.

I wanted my meeting with Brian to open a view into what was causing my big problem. Yet, Brian unexpectedly illuminated the small and applied a most eye opening principle called “Tiny Tinkering.”

“Here’s the thing.” Brian said.  “You don’t need to make big changes.  You just need to make some small changes to get a big result!”

 Relief flooded my soul.  “I can deal with small!” I said to myself.

And, since I only needed to do some tiny tinkering, I gladly and quickly tinkered.

The results were immediate!  All of a sudden the world seemed to shift back to “normal,” understandable, the way it should be!  The big results from tiny tinkering were much more than I even dared dream.

Dream big?  Yes!

Tinker the tiny way?  Oh, yeah!

The easier the better and tinkering in the tiny way is easy and very effective.  Here are four tiny steps that have worked for me.

Take a tiny moment to borrow someone else’s eyes to give you a clear view of the problem you’re facing. Identify one or two tiny changes you can easily make. Take tiny steps to implement the tiny changes.  Enjoy big results!


Do want big results with eye opening moments?  Then, tiny tinker away to fulfill your big dreams!

No comments: