Monday, November 21, 2011

Living From Your Core


A pause on the other side of the earth

Living From Your Core
I was running late, as usual, on a Wednesday evening.  I needed to pick my daughter up from the downtown branch of Salt Lake Community College.  She was getting out of class early and had sent me a text message to let me know.  I was in my office on the phone with one of the banks I was working with for one of my Client’s.  I was feeling a little agitated because the negotiations were dragging on.  It seemed almost impossible to find the words I needed to make the person on the other end understand the point I was trying to make.

I was at my breaking point; almost ready to lose my temper.  So, I pulled myself back in and reminded myself that he was in another country on the other side of this planet.  All the information he had was in a small electronic file on his screen.  He knew nothing else.  It wasn’t his fault that the information was wrong.  I knew it was time to settle back into my core belief and work from there.

That’s all it took for the tone of the conversation to change.  The tension over the phone was released and we were able to have a new start and begin to make progress as soon as new, healing words escaped my lips.

“I really appreciate your kind efforts on my behalf.” I said.

There was a brief pause on the other side of the earth!

“Thank you sir;” was the reply.

“What do I need to do to make sure we’re working together so we can get the best result for both of us?” I continued.

From that moment on we were able to get over the barriers that were holding us back and we made the progress I had hoped for.  When we were about to end our conversation I said, “Thank you for your help.  I’m glad I was able to work with you.  I’ll remember you in my prayers.”

“Thank you again sir.  I hope to be able to talk with you again soon.”  Was his reply in quiet, heartfelt tones.
Now that I was finished with my phone call I sent a quick text to my daughter.  “On my way!”

I was still running late but, I was running on full knowing that I had done the good thing.  I always feel good when I receive additional evidence that operating from a position of love, because I want to, produces the best result.  Luckily, my daughter was operating from the same core belief when I picked her up.

“Sorry I’m late!” I said as she slid through the door of my car.

“That’s O.K.  I know you’re doing your best.
When you’re having a difficult day, stop for a moment and make sure you’re living from your core value of love; draw from its deep well within.  When you do, you’ll see circumstances change immediately and peace will enter your heart and the hearts of those around you.

No comments: