Monday, December 7, 2009

Taking Time to Celebrate

My daughter's wedding

Taking Time to Celebrate

I look at my calendar for the coming week and see that there just isn't enough time to get everything done. I look at it again and again, but I keep coming to the same conclusion! There isn't enough time to complete everything I would like to finish.

Two days ago I was getting bundled up to go out and feed my neighbor's animals so I could finish one more thing on my list for the day. That's when Kilee, my daughter, asked if she could come out and help me. It was a kind gesture, to be sure, since she is busier right now than I am.

Kilee is getting married this week. She has lots on her mind; including college finals, a full time job and finishing the last details of her wedding which will take place this Saturday. Still, she wanted to take time to go out into the freezing cold and help me!

As we walked across the ice-covered ground my heart was warmed by her generosity. I also realized that this would most likely be the last time we would be carrying hay and grain together before she completes her vows and moves into her new home. Suddenly, during that special father-daughter moment, the rest of my calendar didn't matter anymore!

There are times in life when you just have to lay everything aside and celebrate! And, I have a lot to celebrate this week.

I have a chance to take a full week to enjoy the accomplishments of a daughter who has grown into a beautiful, capable person. It's a wonderful opportunity to take delight in the fact that she has selected a man with a good heart and morals to add to our family. This is a once in a life time week to spend with the people I treasure above all else! They're the reason I work so hard.

As I looked at this week's calendar this morning I watched item after item easily fall into the next week as they paled in importance to spending time with my daughter. Everything else will work out in its own time because this is a week of celebration. Please celebrate with me! And, make sure you celebrate the important moments of your life every chance you get.

No comments: