Monday, August 31, 2026

Healthy Gut, Monday's Warm Cocoa 8.31.2026

 

“It just doesn’t feel right to us.” -  Chad Robinson

Healthy Gut

“I know we’ve only lived in our house for a couple of years,” Chad said before he went on to explain the decision he and Heather had made.

They loved their house, neighborhood and neighbors. Those factors weren’t causing them to question what they wanted to do with their life in the near future. They had a feeling inside. It was a strong feeling. Something they could no longer ignore.

An outside observer, someone who didn’t know this couple, who always made important decisions together, would listen to the words about to flow out of Chad and come to one quick and artless decision! He and his wife had gone crazy! I knew differently.

I know Chad and Heather quite well. We’ve spent many hours together talking about their hopes and dreams in great detail. That together-time has confirmed their healthy gut! And, I’m not talking about their digestive system here. They are especially successful at “inside-listening.”

Inside-listening isn’t about verbal communication. It’s about communicating fully within yourself. I’m sure you’ve been told and understand that a lot of human communication is nonverbal.

There is no universal or scientifically proven percentage for how much of human communication is nonverbal. Communication experts agree that communicating with context matters. Words carry a heavy load in sharing factual data, instructions, or written information. Yet, there’s a lot of unsaid communication.

Nonverbal, non-factual communication cues such as facial expression, posture and vocal tone express emotion, feeling, attitude and social intent. I call these nonverbal cues contentment-communication or expressions of happiness. Everyone communicates with each other and themselves nonverbally. Chad and Heather are proficient in both.

Yet, inside-listening is often a continual struggle, even for those who are adept at it. Perhaps that’s why it is commonly described as a still, small voice and why Chad and Heather rely on a tried and true inside-listening process.

As soon as they feel a little urging inside they stop and acknowledge it. Next, they begin to wonder about it, which leads them to set aside distractions and time for reflective consideration. Chad likes to pull his mountain bike out and ride the trails around and through their town. It gives him a chance to clear his mind and let his inner wisdom speak purely and quietly.

Finally, Heather and Chad circle back together and talk about their internal discoveries. They never make a final decision until they’ve completed this process in its entirety. So, when Chad tells me “it just doesn’t feel right to us” it’s more than just a gut feeling.

He’s telling me he has a healthy gut!

_______________________________________________

I’m Lynn Butterfield, Real Estate & Lifestyle Expert and Television Host for American Dream TV. I’ve helped hundreds of Buyers and Sellers, as an Associate Broker with Coldwell Banker, to discover where and how they want to live and work; to achieve what I call Realesation™. That’s why I bring you American Dream TV, Monday’s Warm Cocoa and Home by Design Magazine to stir your heart and mind. Contact me so I can join you along your own unique path of discovery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cyq612ohmd8YUwEa5WXZjA3IWJVDPzOe/view?usp=sharing

No comments: