Monday, September 16, 2024

It's a Great Day - Monday's Warm Cocoa - 16 September 2024


“It is a great day!” – Landon Johnson

A Great Day!

“These are my favorite,” Landon said as he opened his brown paper bagged lunch. “I don’t get to eat them very often,” he said as he opened a bag of nacho flavor Doritos corn chips. “So, when I do have them in my lunch I eat them first!”

Sitting down to eat a picnic lunch on a Friday is also something Landon and I don’t do very often. And, this day just happened to be a perfect weather day. It was a bright day set with billowy floating clouds, punctuated by a bright blue sky and a comfortable temperature, all combining to create a perfect setting.

“Have you had a good day?” I asked.

“It’s a great day!” Landon answered.

“What’s made it a great day?”

“I get to spend time with you,” He responded.

His words hit with the force only capable of being generated by the unexpected. You know what its like. It was as if someone had suddenly jumped out from and around a blind corner, shouting boo! Such a thing causes an adrenaline rush which jolts your entire body. Then, when you see the initiating party, and it’s a friend, comforting relief rushes in to push the high pressure out, to usher in a comforting, soothing low pressure. It’s effect is an all-encompassing feeling of peace and joy.

Such peace and joy were now securely implanted, as a result Landon’s surprising words. And, all other external factors, the puffy clouds, deep blue sky and pleasant temperature, were instantly and simply relegated to, nice picnic embellishments, facilitating and opening the way for the full appreciation of a cherished moment.

“These are my favorite,” Landon said as he opened his brown-paper-bagged lunch. “I don’t get to eat them very often,” he said as he opened a bag of nacho flavor Doritos corn chips. “So, when I do have them in my lunch, I eat them first!”

Sitting down for a Friday picnic with Landon is also something I don’t get to do very often. And, this day of picnicking was a perfect-condition day. A day with billowy, floating clouds, punctuated by bright blue sky. It was an impeccable setting. But, they weren’t the characteristics making it a great day.

What made it a truly great day, the most important element, was spending attentive-time with a loved-one.

Well. Okay, the fingers and mouth covered in a dusting of tasty nacho chip seasoning added a lot to the ambiance too!

_____________________________________________

I’ve helped thousands of people, as a real estate & lifestyle expert, to discover where and how they want to live and work; to achieve Realesation. That’s why I bring you American Dream TV, Both Sides of the Fence, About the Dish, Monday’s Warm Cocoa and Home by Design Magazine to stir your heart and mind. Contact me so I can join you along your own unique path of discovery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQ1IEEKnTvQfoeb_CB_ftokpGvpCnJc8/view?usp=drive_link

No comments: