Monday, September 9, 2024

Again, in the Future? Monday's Warm Cocoa - 9 September 2024


“Lynn? Is that right?” – Brianna Carey

Again, in the Future?

I had a question roaming my mind, after seeing people I had met in completely different locations over the past few days.

“Hi, I met you two yesterday at a lunch event a couple of days ago,” I said in greeting.

“Yes,” they responded, before reintroducing themselves.”

“Interesting, meeting them here again unexpectedly,” I thought.

I kept walking and in a moment someone else approached me radiantly.

“Lynn?” She asked. “I’m Brianna.”

I must have looked a little baffled, because she immediately reached one of her hands to remove her sun glasses. I recognized her immediately.

“Oh yes!” I rejoined, as her husband Mark came up to greet me as well.

Unexpected meetings didn’t end then! The bustling First Friday festival continued all around. And, a moment later, someone else approached saying, “Hey, I met you at $1 Million Cups, didn’t I?”

Was all of this meant to be? After all, there are many stories where people have walked their own paths, leaving memories and people behind. Then, later in life, they stumbling across each other again, restoring memories and bonds together.

Fate, if you believe in that sort of thing, has an interesting way of connecting people and potentially surprising with the unexpected. One never knows!

So, I continued marveling as the evening progressed. And, I decided to focus on and enjoy the surprises. 

Brianna, Mark and their two young kids walked past my office again a few minutes later. I invited them in to enjoy an ice-cream bar. We talked more. Then, right after they left, Mark sent me a text message asking to schedule a get-together one day in the coming week.

Focusing on the present certainly opens possibilities of keeping, building and creating more possibilities in the future than you and I can ever imagine. After all, there isn’t any reason to dwell on what could happen later in life, if you’re not building relationships in the present.

Some may say, “What happens, simply happens.” But “again, in the future” can only happen if you’ve invested in relationships today.

This morning, I saw a couple of men, strangers, standing on the sidewalk just outside my office door, with a shifting, uncertain gaze, so I stepped out to see if I could help them.

“Can I help you find something?” I asked.

“We’re looking for a place to watch the game?” They answered.

“Then you’ve found it,” I said, “Come on in. What game are you wanting to watch?”

They told me. I changed the channel and they made themselves comfortable for a couple of hours. 

Again, in the future? Who knows!

____________________________________________

I’ve helped thousands of people, as a real estate & lifestyle expert, to discover where and how they want to live and work; to achieve Realesation. That’s why I bring you American Dream TV, Both Sides of the Fence, About the Dish, Monday’s Warm Cocoa and Home by Design Magazine to stir your heart and mind. Contact me so I can join you along your own unique path of discovery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQ1IEEKnTvQfoeb_CB_ftokpGvpCnJc8/view?usp=drive_link

No comments: