An Invitation
I received an unexpected invitation from Diz, “Hi Lynn, I’m making a presentation this Wednesday during 1 Million Cups. I hope you can come.”
That message was enough to give me a little extra incentive to attend a meeting I attend regularly. I wanted to listen to her presentation again, because I’ve been impressed with her and the cause she was championing.
Diz’s mission is to accelerate the world's transition to a circular economy. So, she created LiquiDonate to revolutionize inventory management, by leveraging her cutting-edge proprietary software to match goods from retailers, brands, and other sources with communities in need. She envisions a world with less waste by working with retailers, event planners, and brands to match their excess inventory with nonprofits, charities, and schools. Diz taught me something I didn’t know.
$288 billion worth of unsold inventory and retail returns gets sent to the landfill each year! LiquiDonate has successfully created a platform that’s good for the entire economy, by completing a profitable economic circle which connects manufacturers, retailers, consumers and currently wasted products, which are donated to people in need rather than being thrown in the trash. LiquiDonate truly proves that “one person’s trash is another person’s treasure!
Yet, the word treasure means much more than physical goods or money. And, Diz was about to reveal the true depth of her humanity to me as we took a personal moment, after her exquisite presentation.
“I almost didn’t come here to participate in this business accelerator,” she said. “But, my mother told me I needed to come. She wanted me to come,” She continued. “It was important to her for me to come!”
So, Diz came, leaving her mother’s side, when she wanted to be with her mom, lending her strength and providing her with loving care during her illness. Because Diz is closing another important circle; life’s sacred circle!
Life’s sacred circle is competed as we return the love offered to us by those who gave us life and everything needed during our most vulnerable years. Completing this circle is so important to Diz that she did exactly what her ailing mother asked, even though it was the hardest thing she could do.
I knew it was monumentally hard, because I saw the lubrication of love well up in her eyes and then gently flow down each side of her face. Those tears are a testament and an invitation for you and me to individually complete our own sacred circles in life.
Because, “You never know what is going to happen on any day,” Diz said, when I asked her what the most important thing she’s learned from this life experience was.
_______________________________________________
I’m Lynn Butterfield, Real Estate & Lifestyle Expert and Television Host for American Dream TV. I’ve helped hundreds of Buyers and Sellers, as an Associate Broker with Coldwell Banker, to discover where and how they want to live and work; to achieve what I call Realesation™. That’s why I bring you American Dream TV, Monday’s Warm Cocoa and Home by Design Magazine to stir your heart and mind. Contact me so I can join you along your own unique path of discovery.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QSH7-aW2Cvsr6S7v_4hVFBWjxnvvLr-f/view?usp=sharing


No comments:
Post a Comment