Monday, July 27, 2026

"Study Like a Dog" Monday's Warm Cocoa 7.27.2026

 

“Harry Pupper knows my routines and watches everything I do.” 

Study Like a Dog

Harry Pupper has been part of our family for twelve years now. He’s like me in at least one way. He’s getting a little “long in the tooth. We’ve lived together for a long time.

I say together because he’s with me inside and outside. We walk together, play together and often work together. 

Over the years I’ve noticed that he seemingly has an internal calendar and clock. I noticed this because he anticipates almost every move I make. He knows the day and time I go to regular-appointments and is often curious when my movements vary from what he knows is usual for me.


The other day when my “normal” routine changed and Harry Pupper was with me, I noticed a quizzical look envelope his face. And, for the first time I began to understand the depth at which he center’s his attention and interest on studying me.


It is this intense desire to study the people who are important to dogs that caused “Frederick the Great” to describe his Italian Greyhounds in the mid-1700s, particularly one named Biche, as: "The only, absolute and best friend a man has in this selfish world, the only one that will not betray or deny him." Over the ensuing years this statement has been shortened and modernized to describe dogs as “Man’s Best Friend.” And, there is another common saying, a bumper sticker, I thought of as I pondered Harry Pupper’s study habits.


Now I’m wondering if I am the person my dog thinks I am!  And, I can see my need to study and fully incorporate the “Harry Pupper Method” of friendship. Here are a few of Harry’s traits.

Harry is always sensitive to what his closest friends are feeling. When they’re happy, he shares their joy. When they’re sad he is there, offering his support and love. He also shares his love in other ways.

Harry watches out for his loved ones. He alerts us to potential dangers. He never hesitates to warn of potential danger and is wary of people he doesn’t know. At the same time, he always remembers people he knows are important to us.

Harry demonstrates his understanding of true worth. He is completely loyal, giving and doesn’t hide is affection. He also knows the value of home.

Harry pays attention to his home. He’s sure to walk the yard every day to make sure things are as they should be. His heart is where his home is.

His heart is completely true. He observes his loved ones, knows their habits, their likes and their schedule. He even reminds us of when it is time to do the things he knows are important to us.

Harry Pupper reminds me to be the person he thinks I am and how to study like a dog! 

_______________________________________________

I’m Lynn Butterfield, Real Estate & Lifestyle Expert and Television Host for American Dream TV. I’ve helped hundreds of Buyers and Sellers, as an Associate Broker with Coldwell Banker, to discover where and how they want to live and work; to achieve what I call Realesation™. That’s why I bring you American Dream TV, Monday’s Warm Cocoa and Home by Design Magazine to stir your heart and mind. Contact me so I can join you along your own unique path of discovery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e5_jupxN3vxL53bCgPiPgpA5D6-OFEbZ/view?usp=sharing

No comments: