Monday, August 26, 2024

Monday's Warm Cocoa, Moving Feet - 26 August 2024


“Have moving feet!” – Scott Spangler

Moving Feet

“Out of everything I’ve said today, I want you to remember one thing,” Scott Spangler said with a softening kindness around his eyes. “If you will do this, it will change your life.”

He had said some, already life changing things, so to think more important words were coming was hard to take in. You can imagine how quickly the shift from careful listening to, “listening with greater intensity came. Yet, Scott didn’t change his tone or delivery in any way, another evidence of his natural, caring nature.

“Get your feet moving,” he continued. “Don’t let fear stop you. And, be sure to listen to your intuition while walking. Trust your intuition.”  He then went on to tell how one happenstance opened the way for his life to change, in a way he could have never anticipated or plan.

“I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth,” he said. “I was always the person who felt I needed to work harder than anyone else to be successful. While working my way through college at a ski resort in Colorado, I became friends with a family from Connecticut. They came to Colorado every year and in some ways, I had become part of their family.”

The winter of Scott’s last year in college the Connecticut father asked him to come over to their vacation home so they could talk. He recounted how nervous he was at the prospect, because even though he had been in that same home with these friends for many years, this time felt different, more formal. And, it was, kind of. Because, during that visit, Scott was invited to move to the East Coast and work in the father’s firm.

“I remember feeling elated and fearful at the same time,” Scott confided.

He said that the fear was so strong it almost caused him to retreat to his comfortable, current life.

“I had never lived anywhere outside of Colorado,” he continued. “I wrestled with the fear, for what seemed like, forever! Then I decided to move my feet, to let them guide me.”

Once he started his work on the East Coast he found comfort. Perhaps most importantly, he had learned a life changing lesson.

“I learned that fear can stop me from allowing my inner-self, my core, true self to lead the way. It is the most authentic part of us and I learned to trust it. From that moment on, I’ve been able to keep my feet moving, despite my fear. Now it is a personal characteristic, an individual guiding principle.”

Today, Scott is back in Colorado. His feet have brought him home to run his own firm. He still works much harder than most. It is still one of his distinguishing traits. Yet, it is not his most trusted virtue. Now we know why.

“Out of everything I’ve said today, I want you to remember one thing,” Scott Spangler said with a softening kindness around his eyes. “If you will do this, it will change your life.”

“Have moving feet!”

_____________________________________________________________

I’ve helped thousands of people, as a real estate & lifestyle expert, to discover where and how they want to live and work; to achieve Realesation. That’s why I bring you American Dream TV, Both Sides of the Fence, About the Dish, Monday’s Warm Cocoa and Home by Design Magazine to stir your heart and mind. Contact me so I can join you along your own unique path of discovery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQ1IEEKnTvQfoeb_CB_ftokpGvpCnJc8/view?usp=drive_link

No comments: