Monday, October 14, 2024

Monday's Warm Cocoa, 14 October 2024, "Free Lunch"

“Someone anonymously paid our son’s tuition for the full year!” – Jeremiah Johnson

Free Lunch

“Anonymous.” 

The word stuck as Jeremiah spoke it. He was telling me a story. It was a story of giving.

Nature was giving us the perfect evening. The temperature was in the mid-seventies, there was a slight breeze, and the live music was comforting, without being too loud. All of this combined to allow me to sit back comfortably and listen to Jeremiah’s answer to a question.

“How is your son doing in his new school,” I asked.

“He’s doing well,” Jeremiah responded. “Have I told you what happened?”

“No,” I said. “Please tell me.”

“Our friend suggested we apply to a small private school near our new home,” He started.

Jeremiah, his wife and their son moved to a different state two or three months ago. He was back in town for a Friday and Saturday business visit. It was the perfect opportunity to spend Friday evening together; to hear how anonymous generosity turned into free lunch for kids needing help.

“After our son was accepted into his new school he and I went in to complete his registration,” he continued. “As soon as we finished all of the paperwork. I pulled out my checkbook and asked what amount I should fill in for tuition. You can imagine my surprise to hear, ‘there is no need for you to pay anything. An anonymous donor has paid his tuition for the entire year.’”

“You have no idea who it is?” I asked, because of curiosity.

“No,” he answered, with a peaceful look of gratitude glowing from his face, through the dimming dusk.

That could have been Jeremiah’s final answer to my question. But, he didn’t end the story there!

“When my son and I got home we shared our tale of anonymous generosity with my wife,” he continued.

His wife was stunned and they all shed tears together before they received and inspiring idea.

“We had the money to pay our son’s tuition,” Jeremiah continued. “So, when inspiration hit us, we set our ‘Free Lunch’ plan into motion.”

As a result, another anonymous donor now provides a generous monthly deposit into their son’s school’s nourishment department, to provide free lunch for students needing a little extra help.

“Anonymous!” 

The word stuck as Jeremiah spoke it. He had just told me a story. A story of inspired giving.

Nature gifted us the perfect evening for such a story to be told. The temperature was in the mid-seventies, there was a light breeze, and the live music was comforting, without being too loud. All of this combined to allow me to sit back comfortably and listen to Jeremiah’s explanation of how a “Free Lunch,” has become a reality, no matter what his son learns in his coming economics class.

______________________________________________

I’ve helped thousands of people, as a real estate & lifestyle expert, to discover where and how they want to live and work; to achieve Realesation™. That’s why I bring you American Dream TV, Both Sides of the Fence, About the Dish, Monday’s Warm Cocoa and Home by Design Magazine to stir your heart and mind. Contact me so I can join you along your own unique path of discovery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QOrnyleXDNG8ASRHxr4_CwbcY9FVUUse/view?usp=sharing

No comments: